Scientific Name: Pelargonium graveolens
Country of Origin: Egypt
Synonyms: Rose geranium, pelargonium
Plant Family: Geraniaceae
Plant Parts Used: Flowering plant/ Flowers and leaves
Extraction Method: Distillation
Physical Characteristics: Greenish-olive liquid.
Dominant Note(s): Middle
Aroma: Sweet and heavy. A little like rose with minty overtones.
Main Constituents: Citronellol, geraniol, linalol, isomenthone, menthone, phellandrene, sabinene, limonene among others.
Blends With: Angelica, Basil, Bay, Bergamot, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lime, Neroli, Orange, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary and Sandalwood.
Safety Precautions: Non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing. Possible contact dermatitis in hyper sensitive individuals.
- Mainly a woman's oil. It's a uterine tonic for PMS and menopause.
- Emotionally, it is very soothing and uplifting.
- As a skin care oil it is wonderful in its balancing effects.
- Good for all skin types: dry to oily. It brightens the skin as it improves blood flow.
- It is an astringent and antiseptic.